Anyone who loves Asian food will not want to miss this week's Summer Sizzle menu at Daiquiri Dick's. Though it's called "The Flavors of Australia," the dishes are inspired by Adam Liaw, whose family influences were Malaysian, Chinese, Singapore and Japanese - all of which dominate many parts of Australian cuisine.
"Throughout my life I have been surrounded by different cultures," the MasterChef Australia 2010 winner begins in his excellent, one-of-kind cookbook Two Asian Kitchens, which makes his recipes perfect for the Summer Sizzle promotion at Daiquiri Dick's restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Summer Sizzle Menu: Flavors of Australia with an Asian Twist
Served from 5:30-11:00 pm, July 16–21, 2014. Select one item from each category. A complimentary beverage is included in the $299 price. Not subject to any other discounts
• Steamed Asparagus with Fried Quail Eggs and Wasabi Aioli
• Laksa Lemak: Seafood Soup with Vermicelli Rice Noodles and Bean Sprouts
• Shrimp and Pork Dumplings with Sambal and Soy Sauce
• Hainanese Chicken with Jazmin Rice, Cucumbers, Ginger and Onions
• Prawn Sambal served with Rice
• Rum and Lemongrass Roast Pork Belly
• Fresh Fruit Cobbler a la Mode - Cobbler de frutas de temporada con helado
• Chocolate Pecan Tart - Tarta de nuez y chocolate
• Mint Granita with Watermelon and Cantaloupe - Granita de menta con perlas de melón y sandia
"These dishes all tell their own stories of rich tradition and culture. They are stories that are centuries old, but which have not yet ended. With each new dish we make we add our own experiences and tastes." - Adam Liaw
The Summer Sizzle menu is changed every week, and the special runs through the end of August. The weekly theme will be a country, like France or Spain, or a region, like the Mediterranean - or there could be a medley, making this summer a great time to take your taste buds on a world tour.